Friday, July 31, 2009

Filled with glee!

I've taken a blog break this summer, but something happened on Wednesday that I feel compelled to share!  As I was planting cauliflower I looked over to the row next to me where broccoli had been planted the previous week.  Did I think, "Oh, how nice, broccoli"? No.  Instead I thought, "Who the heck planted these seedlings, because they did it all wrong!  Look at the exposed stems!  These need to be redug and replanted!"  So what could possibly make me gleeful about this?  Well, if you refer back to my first or second blog posting you'll see a reference to Steve voicing that very critique to our class and my cringing at the thought, "Was it me?"  HAH! Now I'm the criticizer, not the criticizee! So if you're listening Steve, or reading that is, your students have indeed learned a thing or two.  Watch out- we may be checking up on your work soon:)

PS No offense to the broccoli planters, teenagers from the Regen project. They're incredible kids with just a thing or two still to learn from their elders...

2 comments:

  1. Right on Hilary! Also, on that now famous day, someone, maybe you H,. said, "What do you want, perfection?" Without the the slightest hesitation, I responded, "YES!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Hilary! Also, on that now famous day, someone, maybe you H,. said, "What do you want, perfection?" Without the the slightest hesitation, I responded, "YES!"

    ReplyDelete